TRAVELING TOUCH TANK
Looking for a unique and engaging experience for a large gathering? Mystic Aquarium has just what you need. Our traveling touch tank is designed for large groups such as special school events, camps, fairs, PTO gatherings, employee appreciation parties, open houses, conferences, or any time you have a group of people gathered together. Mystic Aquarium will bring an assortment of live invertebrates such as lobsters, horseshoe crabs and shellfish right to your function to entertain and educate people of all ages. Perfect for a larger group that might not have time for a full presentation.
September – April
- $350 for up to 2 hours
- $150 for each additional hour
- Maximum of 4 hours in one day
May – August
- $375 for up to 2 hours
- $175 for each additional hour
- Maximum of 4 hours in one day
Mystic Aquarium educators will travel to your school or organization to present fun, educational, and engaging 60-minute presentations for your students in an auditorium setting for up to 300 students. We offer four intriguing programs: Amazing Sharks – Test your shark knowledge in a rousing game of bingo, Penguins – Engaging penguin trivia, Beluga whales –Discover the fascinating adaptations these whales have and Explore the Shore – How plants and animals survive in this harsh environment. Each presentation will engage the students as they learn about the chosen topic. Then, utilizing a special scope to magnify the animals on a big screen, students will be introduced to invertebrates such as a horseshoe crab, lobster, whelk snail and more. This program promises to be an entertaining and educational experience for all!
Cost: $500 for one program; $700 for two programs held on the same day, in the same location.
Our Penguin Animal Ambassador Programs can occur at the Aquarium or at your location and are a one of a kind outreach program appropriate for audiences of all ages where your students not only meet one of our resident African penguins but also learn from their trainers how we are working every day to save these Endangered Species. While we are eager to provide these enriching and educational Penguin Animal Ambassador Programs, please ensure that your school, organization or facility can adhere to the following criteria prior to reserving the program at your location.
- Penguin programs are available to schools, organizations or facilities that are within 60 miles of Mystic Aquarium
- Penguin programs must be held in indoor presentation areas. Gymnasiums, auditoriums, multi-purpose activity rooms, and other large, enclosed spaces are ideal.
- An offstage area free of wires and debris must be provided as a “safe zone” for the animal ambassadors
- Indoor temperatures must be above 50°F and below 65°F.
- Due to strict quarantine policies, no other animals may be present in the presentation or offstage area
- Since the safety of our audience is a primary concern, we cannot allow audience members to feed or hold any of our Animal Ambassadors.
Penguin Animal Ambassador Programs are available October through April on Monday through Wednesday for a one hour block or 2 consecutive 30 minute blocks between 10:00am-12:00pm or 1:00pm-3:00pm. This offering is $1,750 for the programming at your location (maximum of 300 students) and $1,500 for programming at Mystic Aquarium (maximum of 20 students). Please email EducationInfo@MysticAquarium.org to reserve this one of a kind program.
After reviewing the Classroom Program Topics, please complete the form in the button below to request a reservation for education programs whether at the Aquarium, at your location or through distance learning. If you need more information or a quote for multiple/package programs, please see below and then contact us at EducationInfo@MysticAquarium.org or 860.572.5955 x431.