Full-Day Academic Enrichment Program at Mystic Aquarium
- Open to students in grades K-7
- Monthly tuition includes 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5-day in-person options
- Daily program hours are 8:30am to 4:30pm
Mystic Aquarium is pleased to offer full-day academic enrichment programs led by experienced educators who will provide academic support and enrichment in a safe and fun learning environment. Educators will guide and support students during their real-time learning sessions and as they complete their assignments. When classes are not in session and assignments are complete, students will benefit from outdoor activities, guided Aquarium tours, animal interactions and a wealth of unique programming that also supports student’s physical fitness and social emotional learning.
As a state licensed childcare facility, Mystic Aquarium strictly adheres to all state guidelines for group size and COVID safety. The classrooms in our Milne Ocean Science and Conservation Center and campus green spaces are isolated from the general public and allow for separation of classes and social distancing. We accomplished a safe and successful summer camp season and are excited to provide this valuable program for parents and students during the school year.
Mystic Aquarium has established stringent guidelines to ensure student and educator safety. See full guidelines below under Child Care Health & Safety.
Contact Amy Gollenberg at 860.572.5955 x159 or AGollenberg@MysticAquarium.org to reserve your space.
- $280/month for 1 school day/week
- $560/month for 2 school days/week
- $840/month for 3 school days/week
- $1,120/month for 4 school days/week
- $1,400/month for 5 school days/week
- $320/month for 1 school day/week
- $640/month for 2 school days/week
- $960/month for 3 school days/week
- $1,280/month for 4 school days a month
- $1,600/month for 5 school days/week
Programs must be purchased in monthly increments; individual weeks not available but you can join the K-7 Full-Day Program at any time.
Child Care Health & Safety
In accordance with the State of Connecticut, Mystic Aquarium strictly adheres to all state guidelines for COVID safety:
- Each class will have a maximum of 14 students.
- Each morning, all staff and students will be screened for any observable illness, including cough or respiratory distress, and to confirm temperature below 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Staff and students who have a temperature greater than 100 degrees will not be permitted into the program.
- If a student develops any symptoms during the day, they will be immediately relocated to a dedicated area to await parental/guardian pick-up.
- Classes will be kept separate from one another and adhere to the Connecticut Department of Education’s guidelines for public schools with established socially distant workspaces.
- Students will be required to bring their laptop/Chromebook and supplies with them as designated by their school district, as well as lunches and face coverings. Snacks will be provided but are not guaranteed to be nut or gluten-free.
- Staff will always wear face coverings while working with students.
- Mystic Aquarium will mirror the Stonington Public School policy for students regarding wearing face coverings in the classrooms. Additionally, students are required to wear face coverings when not in their dedicated learning spaces. Exceptions will be made for anyone with documentation that wearing a face covering would be contrary to his or her health or safety because of a medical condition.
- Increased vigilance will be given to our already thorough cleaning and disinfecting procedures.
- Instructors will teach and reinforce good hand and respiratory hygiene and social distancing. Sanitation policies will include hand washing/sanitizing before all snacks, meals and upon re-entry into the classroom. Any specialized learning tools used by Mystic Aquarium will be sanitized in between uses.