Thank you for your interest in hosting a fundraiser to benefit Mystic Aquarium and our mission to inspire people to care for and protect our ocean planet.
To ensure the best possible outcome for your fundraising endeavor, we respectfully request adherence to the following guidelines, terms, conditions and user agreement.
Guidelines for Community Fundraisers
All fundraising activities and events must be registered with Mystic Aquarium and pre-approved. We ask that requests be made at least two weeks prior to the date of the event/activity.
The fundraising effort must be conducted in the name/company of the person making the application. It is that person/company’s responsibility to manage all finances, staffing, promotion, marketing and event logistics. While Mystic Aquarium may approve your fundraising efforts, please be aware that we are unable to:
- Provide event insurance or cover you or your activities under our insurance
- Release proprietary mailing lists to outside organizations
- Extend our tax exemption to your organization or event
- Sign vendor contracts
- Provide Mystic Aquarium letterhead or envelopes
- Provide funding or reimbursement for expenses
- Solicit sponsorship revenue or in-kind donations for your event
- Distribute or place event flyers, posters or other promotional materials on Mystic Aquarium’s property
- Guarantee event promotion
- Guarantee staff or volunteer attendance at your event
Mystic Aquarium staff may be able to provide some or all of the following to assist with your efforts, in accordance with company policies:
- Overall knowledge on event-planning best practices
- Acknowledgement of direct contributions to Mystic Aquarium
- Official receipts for all approved donations, including tax deductibility information
- Provide a letter of support on Mystic Aquarium letterhead to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers
When approaching businesses and/or individuals for assistance or monetary support for your fundraiser, please be mindful that they may already have an existing relationship with Mystic Aquarium. Please identify yourself as a community member planning an event to benefit Mystic Aquarium and not an employee or official representative of Mystic Aquarium.
In accordance with our company brand guidelines, Mystic Aquarium should not be used in the title of the fundraising event or activity, but rather listed as the beneficiary. The use of Mystic Aquarium’s logo is prohibited without written consent.
After submission of your application, should any changes to your event occur (event date, primary contact, nature of event, etc.) please notify Mystic Aquarium’s Development Office immediately at 860.572.5955 or Development@MysticAquarium.org. If this is an annual event, please note that this application must be submitted each year. Approval is exclusive to one event/activity and the application process must be repeated for future use.
Once your fundraiser is approved, we will contact you within 3-5 business days with additional information and next steps.
Terms & Conditions
By registering the event/activity, the organizer agrees that Sea Research Foundation, Inc. d/b/a Mystic Aquarium (“Mystic Aquarium”) may require at any time that the organizer remove all references to Mystic Aquarium or Sea Research Foundation in any and all event and activity-related communications, whether written or oral, if it is deemed that the event and/or activity is likely to be injurious to the image and/or brand of Mystic Aquarium.
1. The organizer agrees fully to:
a. Comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations while planning, promoting and conducting the event.
b. Secure and enforce all necessary insurance, licenses and permits through the conclusion of the event/activity.
c. Insure that the event and/or activity will result in no cost or expense to Mystic Aquarium whatsoever, unless expressly agreed in writing to the contrary.
d. Indemnify and hold Mystic Aquarium harmless from any and all claims of any kind or nature whatsoever arising out of, or in any way related to, the event and/or activity.
2. Mystic Aquarium cannot sponsor or endorse fundraising events or products. All materials related to the event or activity should state that “Proceeds benefit Mystic Aquarium” or “Funds raised benefit Mystic Aquarium.”
3. A representative from Mystic Aquarium may be able to attend the organizer’s event. Requests for personal appearances of staff, volunteers and/or animals will be handled on a case-by-case basis. Due to the volume of requests made and the availability of staff, not all requests can be fulfilled.
4. Nothing in this document shall be construed to authorize the organizer, or any of its employees or representatives, to act as an agent of Mystic Aquarium.
5. If media are expected to be present, it is the responsibility of the organizer to inform Mystic Aquarium prior to the event/activity so that proper on-site arrangements can be made.
6. These terms and conditions apply for the duration of the event and/or activity. Thereafter, the organizer may continue to receive funds for Mystic Aquarium as a result of the registered event, provided such funds are paid within 60 days to Mystic Aquarium.
As the event organizer, I agree that if the event/activity I wish to coordinate and execute is approved by Sea Research Foundation, Inc. d/b/a Mystic Aquarium (“Mystic Aquarium”), I will abide by the Community Fundraising Guidelines, as described in this document.
THE EVENT ORGANIZER AGREES TO ASSUME ALL RISKS AND LIABILITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE EVENT AND HEREBY RELEASES AND HOLDS HARMLESS SEA RESEARCH FOUNDATION, INC., D/B/A MYSTIC AQUARIUM AND ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES ARISING OUT OF OR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE EVENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY PERSONAL INJURIES OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE EVENT.
It is also agreed that the funds raised from the activity will support current established charitable purposes at Mystic Aquarium and will be remitted to Mystic Aquarium within 60 days of the event or upon otherwise mutually agreeable terms. All funds donated, including via Mystic Aquarium’s website, will be dispersed directly to Mystic Aquarium and may not be used for expenses incurred by the event or to support an organization, business or individual(s) other than Mystic Aquarium.
I represent, on my behalf and on behalf of others who I authorize as representatives and/or agents of this fundraising activity/event, that we are solely responsible for the content created including but not limited to photos, text, videos, graphics, personal profiles and protected information and that no such content will be libelous, defamatory or inappropriate in any manner and that we have obtained all necessary authorizations. Information, ideas or opinions used do not necessarily reflect the views of Mystic Aquarium and Mystic Aquarium does not take any responsibility for the accuracy of any information, ideas or opinions shared, posted or created by organizers. Mystic Aquarium shall not be liable for any damages or losses resulting from such information, ideas or opinions. As the organizer, you understand and agree that Mystic Aquarium may terminate any fundraising event or activity at any time and for any reason. By posting, creating and/or sharing any information or other content with Mystic Aquarium listed as the beneficiary, you have authorized Mystic Aquarium to publish such materials in any manner desired without any obligation to compensate you or anyone else.
Downloading, modifying, displaying, sharing and any other use of Mystic Aquarium’s logo or images without written prior approval is prohibited.
I further understand and agree that Mystic Aquarium may monitor and ask to remove any content that we, in our sole and absolute discretion, believe violates the terms of this agreement or which may be illegal or offensive or inappropriate, or which poses a threat to the rights or safety of Mystic Aquarium.
I have read fully and understand the fundraising guidelines, terms and conditions, and user agreement as outlined in this document. I agree to conduct a fundraising event and/or activity for Mystic Aquarium in accordance with this document and in respect to all guidelines.