- Ocean Science & Technology Day
Friday, August 3 2012 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sponsored by The Center for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence-Technology and Engineering for Knowledge, exciting and informative exhibits hosted by ocean scientists and researchers will be located throughout the aquarium 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. to educate guests about the latest in ocean technologies.
- Fantastic Voyage…into a Bivalve: Use endoscopes to observe the physiology of living shellfish
- MYSound: View real-time weather, water quality and wave data from Long Island Sound
- Glide with the Tide: View an autonomous ocean glider that profiles coastal waters
- Virtual Underwater Exploration: Use a GIS-based flight simulator to explore underwater maps of Long Island Sound
- The Courtship of EVA & BOB: See this technology used to monitor the chemistry & biology of the Sound
- The Sound of Science: Hear marine mammal vocalizations and use a hydrophone to record underwater sound
- Aqua-bots Afloat: View remotely operated vehicles used for ocean research & exploration
- Live from the Juan de Fuca Ridge: Participate in a live webcast with researchers in the Pacific Ocean
All activities are included with aquarium admission and registration is not required. Just visit and have a great time!
EventList powered by schlu.net