Discover Long Island Sound
Discover Long Island Sound is an immersive experience that highlights our local estuary through digital interactives, a hands-on watershed model and a touch experience with native invertebrates. Children and adults alike will enjoy the nearly 12 foot long water table complete with a waterwheel, rain cloud and interactive dams.
The interactive water table models the Connecticut River watershed and offers a tactile and free-play experience, especially for younger guests, and illustrates the connections, dynamics, and human impacts from rivers to the sea.
Weird & Wonderful
Weird & Wonderful is an exciting exhibit that showcases some of nature’s most bizarre and fascinating creatures.
Guests can take a walk on the wild side of our watery world with Weird & Wonderful. Spanning more than 1,000 square feet and featuring several new exhibits and animals, guests will marvel at the unique features and adaptations of a diversity of aquatic animals.
- The “Larger than Life” Giant Japanese spider crabs
- “Fish-out-of-Water” friends the mudskipper
- Big-nosed freshwater wonders such as paddlefish and gar
- Experts in camouflage such as the warty frogfish
- Additional exhibits include coral reefs and “Glow with the Flow” fluorescents
- Just to name a few!