Educator Appreciation Day on National Estuaries Day
Mystic Aquarium is happy to announce the 3rd Annual Educator Appreciation Day on Sunday, September 18, 2016, which also happens to be National Estuaries Day! As a special thank you, educators* are invited to bring one guest and enjoy the Aquarium for the day!
- 4-D Theater experience
- Special California Sea Lion Show
- Tour classrooms and meet outreach animals
- Learn about free resources and our educational programs
- 10% discount at the Aquarium Store
- A coupon for use in the Penguin Café
Plus, stop by one of our classrooms from 10 am to 2 pm to enter into a drawing for a free Aquarium program for your class!
Pre-registration is strongly recommended for efficient entry and to avoid long lines. Walk-ins welcome.
Click here to pre-register today!
Stop by the check-in table from 9 am to 4 pm located outside the Aquarium’s main entrance upon arrival. Once inside, educators may visit until 5 pm.
*Educators must show a valid school ID or proof of employment for free entry. Event is open to all educators and school staff, including formal teachers, administrators, home-school educators, daycare educators, pre-school educators, paraprofessionals and support staff, school librarians, informal educators, etc. Each educator receives free admission for themselves and one guest – additional guests must purchase tickets at the admission booth.
Answers to FAQ’s
- Pre-registration is preferred and strongly recommended to avoid long check-in lines.
- Walk-ins are welcome on the day of event.
- A check-in table will be out front to greet and admit all pre-registrants and walk-ins.
- Each educator will receive free admission for themselves and one guest.
- All additional guests will need to purchase a ticket at the admission booth.
- If you do not have a school ID – any proof of employment from an educational facility will suffice. Home-school educators will be asked to identify themselves at the front gate table.
- Gates open at 9 am; last admission is at 4 pm.
- Once inside, educators may visit until 5 pm.
- Starting at 10 am, the 4-D Theater will be showing about every 10 minutes throughout the day on a first-come, first-served basis. All movie-goers must check-in at the 4-D Box Office for seating passes. Theater tickets are free for educators and your free guest. 4-D Theater tickets must be purchased for any additional guests that have entered with general admission.
- Free admission is nontransferable to another date.
Marine Science Information
Looking for additional information or resources related to a marine science topic you are teaching? Contact email@example.com with requests for information.
Want to stay up-to-date on what’s going on at the aquarium? Send your name, school and email contact to firstname.lastname@example.org to register to receive our free monthly education e-newsletter. Each e-newsletter focuses on a specific marine theme and includes related information, classroom activities and updates on upcoming classroom and professional development programs.