Calendar of Events
- This event has passed.
World Oceans Day
June 11, 2016 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
June 8 is World Oceans Day – a worldwide effort to protect, preserve and conserve our ocean planet. At Mystic Aquarium, we’re extending the celebration as we recognize all that our oceans provide through fun activities, our ever popular hands-on exhibits and so much more. See what’s we have going on below!
- Deck out your strollers with marine life décor and dive in to one of our two stroller parades. At 11am and again at 1pm, march through our outdoor exhibits starting in our Ocean Planet Pavilion. Judges will hand out prizes to the most unique strollers at three locations in route. The grand prize for each parade will be this brand new Cosatto Supa Big Fish Stroller!
- Get your hands dirty at the Sea School Green! From 11am – 1pm, enjoy finger painting with mud and building gooey mud pies and castles.
- Play your part in helping save ocean life! Stop by our table in the Ocean Planet Pavilion to sign a comment card that will be submitted to the Obama PreviewAdministration and learn more about the ongoing campaign. Children can also participate by enjoying a fun coloring activity and hands-on learning.
- You can also help prevent unnecessary waste in our landfills through the Better Bag Challenge. Simply bring your plastic shopping bags in to Mystic Aquarium and receive a Big Y reusable bag (while supplies last). Or, when checking out at Big Y in Mystic, use any reusable bag and receive a discount offer to Mystic Aquarium to receive $7 off admission for up to four people.
- Plus, learn from Aquarium staff how every day actions can impact our ocean planet and what you can do to make a difference.
Make waves this year during the World Oceans Day celebration at Mystic Aquarium, where our mission every day is to protect and care for our ocean planet through conservation, education and research.