Calendar of Events
- This event has passed.
Educator Appreciation Day
September 23, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Mystic Aquarium is happy to announce the fifth annual Educator Appreciation Day on Sunday, September 23, National Estuaries Day! As a special thank you, Educators* are invited to bring one guest with them for FREE, and enjoy the Aquarium for the whole day!
- 10% discount at the Aquarium store
- Classrooms open from 11:30am to 3:30pm to meet Educators and outreach animals
- Drawing for FREE Mystic Aquarium admissions for your class
- Celebrate estuaries with family activities in the Main Gallery
- Access to new exhibits Jurassic Giants and Discover Long Island Sound and our California sea lion show
Cost: FREE of charge for Educators* and one guest (Additional guests are subject to regular Aquarium admission fees.)
Pre-registration: Strongly recommended to avoid long lines. Just click the link below to register! Note that the last free admission will be at 3:00pm.
* Educators must show a valid school ID or proof of employment for free entry. Event is open to all educators and school staff, including: formal teachers, administrators, homeschool educators, daycare educators, preschool educators, paraprofessionals and support staff, school librarians, informal educators, etc.
Answers to FAQs
- Each Educator* will receive free admission for themselves and one guest.
- All additional guests will need to purchase tickets in advance or proceed to the admission booth to purchase a ticket.
- Pre-registration is preferred and strongly recommended to avoid long check-in lines. We also recommend purchasing any additional tickets needed online in advance.
- Walk-ins will also be welcomed on the day of event.
- A check-in table will be out front to greet and admit all pre-registrants and walk-ins.
- If you do not have a school ID – any proof of employment from an educational facility will suffice. Homeschool educators will be asked to identify themselves at the table at the front gate.
- Gates open at 9:00am, and the last free admission is at 3:00pm.
- Once inside, Educators* may stay until 5:00pm.
- Free admission is nontransferable to another date.
We hope you can join us this year!