JOB SUMMARY: Demonstrate excellent representation of the aquarium at all times through a positive, can-do attitude and teamwork focused work ethic. The Human Resources assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. Assists with recruiting activities, orientation of new hires, and provides administrative support as needed in HR or Finance.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Consistently provide guest service beyond exception.
• High School degree required or the equivalent experience.
• Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
• Must have strong organizational skills, the ability to interact appropriately with all levels of personnel and maintain confidentiality.
• Multilingual; Spanish speaking preferred.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Assists with the onboarding process by putting together new hire packages, posting on job boards (backup), scheduling interviews, obtaining working papers for minors, conducting staff orientation, conducting background, driving and reference checks.
• Verifies I-9 documentation
• Providing general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, HR general extension, forms and reports, arranging meetings, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy, tracking deadlines, and taking down minutes as needed.
• Tracking training, certifications and vaccinations in the ADP software.
• Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
• Administers processes for the longevity program.
• Assists department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company employees.
• Maintain vehicle tracking spreadsheet and parking passes.
• Answers all general incoming calls for the Human Resources department.
• Support the HR Director with the coordination of the wellness programs and performance review and plan.
• Complete employment verification requests.
• Maintain appropriate level of office supplies.
• Add and delete new employees and updates HR information on SeaNet.
• Assists Senior Director of HR with various research projects and/or special projects.
• All staff are responsible for working in a safe manner at all times.
• All employees are responsible for working in a safe manner at all times.
• Every employee must properly use, and keep in good order, all personal protective equipment (PPE) supplied to them as protection from recognized hazards.
• Every employee must report any unsafe condition
• Every employee must have a working knowledge of all Facility wide, and Department specific, safety procedures that relate to their position, including, but not limited to: Emergency Evacuation, Lockdown Procedure, and Fire Extinguisher Use.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the HR Director.
Sea Research Foundation, Inc. d/b/a Mystic Aquarium is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage the applications of women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply.