Guest Services Specialist
JOB SUMMARY: Demonstrate excellent representation of the aquarium at all times through a positive, can-do attitude and teamwork focused work ethic.
Provide a positive and engaging experience for every guest by hosting informative natural history talks at variety of animal exhibits. Ensure appropriate safety guidelines are relayed appropriately to guests as needed. Staff interpretative positions as scheduled with a positive, can-do attitude and teamwork focused work ethic. May be asked to work with small marine invertebrates, reptiles, and birds. Maintain knowledge of all aquarium emergency procedures, including guest and animal procedures and respond appropriately. Proactively initiate appropriate contact with guests to provide interesting and helpful information about our campus and collections. Maintain professional demeanor and image. Ensure cleanliness of the facility and maintains the safety of our Guests.
Minimum Job Requirements: Must be willing to consistently provide guest service above and beyond expectations.
Must possess excellent communication skills and enjoy working with the public. Demonstrates friendliness and has an enthusiastic, outgoing personality. Able to work as part of a team to deliver exemplary customer service at all times to internal and external customers. Projects professional demeanor and maintains dress code. Able to tolerate outdoor weather conditions and to stand on feet for several hours. Must be flexible and available on weekends, holidays, and summers. Multilingual; Spanish speaking preferred.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. If requested, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Demonstrate SRF Core Values of Respect, Excellence, and Promotion.
• Proactively greet, direct and inform all Guests with courtesy, diplomacy, tact, friendliness.
• Smile often.
• Fully cross-train in all required GS areas.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of exhibits, animal collection, programs and general aquarium information concerning campus activities and venues to provide accurate information to guests.
• Ensure facility’s cleanliness and safety for Guests, staff and our animals.
• Perform crowd control throughout the campus.
• Maintain expertise in aquarium evacuation and emergency plans, and respond appropriately.
• Maintain proper uniform at all times.
• Report for work punctually, working assigned schedule without excessive absences or requested time off.
• Be punctual and efficient while rotating between stations and when receiving breaks.
• All employees are responsible for working in a safe manner at all times.
• Every employee must properly use, and keep in good order, all personal protective equipment (PPE) supplied to them as protection from recognized hazards.
• Every employee must report any unsafe condition
• Every employee must have a working knowledge of all Facility wide, and Department specific, safety procedures that relate to their position, including, but not limited to: Emergency Evacuation, Lockdown Procedure, and Fire Extinguisher Use. Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Sea Research Foundation, Inc. (dba Mystic Aquarium) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or sexual orientation. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply