Music. It is one of the things that I need when I run. Just like peanut butter needs jelly and Oreos need milk. Like pancakes need syrup and movies need popcorn. Like, well you get the idea…I just need it.
Right before the start of my last half, 30 seconds out, my headphones and my phone were in a little dispute. They were not pairing. For some reason, they chose right then and there to not work together as a team. There is no “I” in team headphones/phone, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER NOW! Look at me; I am talking like they are real. I’m crazy, I know.
Anyways, I panicked! My tunes! This can’t be happening. Come on! I broke out into a sweat, and I hadn’t even started the race! I had about a two hour run ahead of me, what was I going to do if I had no music? THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING NOW!
Are you wondering what went through my head? Glad you asked! In what seemed like a forever situation…but was really 30 seconds long:
1. Come on! Why are you not working! (The G-rated version)
2. Turn on, turn off. Turn on, turn off. Turn on, turn off…
3. Why didn’t that work! That always works; it’s what you do when things don’t work!
4. Scan…Scan…SCAN! Uhh, Bluetooth YOU ARE FAILING ME!
5. …turn on, turn off. Turn on, turn off. Turn on, turn off….
6. Finally, I hear something! OK…this is a good sign.
7. Wait, why did you turn off again! No!
8. …on, off, on, off, on, off…
9. SCAN…SCAN…SCAN for goodness sake my headphones are six inches away from the phone!
10. 10 seconds out…COME ON, just work together!
11. …on, off, on, off, on, off, on!
12. WAIT…I heard something! Could it be?
13. Yes! TEAMWORK MAKES THE DREAM WORK! Finally! AND I AM OFF!
Moral of the story, stick with audio jack headphones – technology always seems to fail at the most inconvenient of times.
MYSTIC AQUARIUM MAKES OVER 7,000 LB FOOD DONATION TO GEMMA E. MORAN UNITED WAY/LABOR FOOD CENTER FOLLOWING FESTIVAL OF LIGHTSOn Friday night, December 7, nearly 5,500 guests visited Mystic…
Stevi Bramich | December 10th, 2018
MYSTIC AQUARIUM’S CONSERVATION IN ACTION SERIES TAKES ON THE FUTURE OF MARINE PROTECTED AREAS IN A CHANGING CLIMATEMYSTIC AQUARIUM’S CONSERVATION IN ACTION SERIES TAKES ON THE FUTURE…
Adam Cilley | December 5th, 2018
MYSTIC AQUARIUM’S ANIMAL RESCUE PROGRAM RELEASES SIX SEALS IN COLLABORATION WITH FELLOW NORTHEASTERN REHAB FACILITIESMarine Mammals of Maine Join Release in Light of Unusual…
Adam Cilley | October 15th, 2018